Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Get User to change password on next login

3 Posts   1166 Views

macka

Community Member, 27 Posts

11 February 2011 at 12:34pm

Hi Guys,
I was wondering, is it possible to get the user to change their password after logging in?

I was about to import a heap of people into the forum and i would like them all to change their passwords as they login...

Grant

johnmblack

Community Member, 61 Posts

24 October 2011 at 5:23pm

Very interested in hearing any solutions.

JonoM

Community Member, 103 Posts

25 October 2011 at 1:19pm

Looking at the Member table there is a PasswordExpiry column which accepts a date. For all members you want to have reset their password - maybe try setting that date to a date in the past? I assume this would force a member to change their password upon next login.

If that doesn't work another possibility is to use the MemberPassword table - all previous passwords are stored here for any member (so if required you can ensure members don't use a previous password). You could write some simple SQL to count the number of passwords stored here for a particular member, if the count is only 1 then you can assume they're using the original password you generated for them and prompt them to change it.