Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cant install the Forum Module

Go to End

3 Posts   1828 Views

fabianf

Community Member, 1 Post

19 March 2011 at 9:36pm

Hi there,

i installed the Silverstripe 2.4.5 and the latest Forum modul where i can find on Silverstripe (0.3.1)
I can install the Silverstripe CMS without any problems but i cant install the Forum. I placed the files and the folders in the root of my ss installation and opened the address
www.mysite.com/dev/build/?flush=1
I get the callback that the database is created correctly but if I open the backend I cant find the "Forum Holder" by the "Create Page"

Can someone help me pls or say what im doing wrong?
thx
Fabian

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 March 2011 at 5:16pm

The module will create a default Forum for you (you should see a message once you run /dev/build). If you didn't see the message then the module might be in the wrong location. It should be called 'forum' and at the same level as 'cms' and 'sapphire'. The forum folder should also have a _config inside it (not in forum/forum/_config but forum/_config). You might also want to check the permissions on the folder to ensure your webserver can read the folder.

johnmblack

Community Member, 62 Posts

30 August 2011 at 4:44am

Edited: 30/08/2011 4:45am

I had the same problem -- if you just unzip the Forum tar/gz and place it in the root folder, it doesn't work because the folder name is expected to be "forum", and instead the tar file unzips with a folder called "forum-versionNumbersEtc".

You have to rename the resulting folder "forum".

Note - while the README.md _hints_ at this by saying "you will now have the following root folders," it took reading it through a few times before I realized that I had to actually take the step of renaming the folder to what it listed.