Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Forum module upgrade failed

4 Posts   595 Views

ApocSyn

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 September 2011 at 9:03pm

I am on version 2.4.5 of of Silverstripe and recently tried to upgrade from the .3 forums to the master using the upgrade method located here:

https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum/blob/ec4828380b24d91b6cdf8d730db3975ce3dc515e/docs/en/Upgrading.md

I did the following: Deleted old forums, uploaded new, ran /dev/build, then ran the upgrade script.

After the upgrade I also installed the master tagfield.

And then I ran into the problems. The front page initially came with a console warning regarding an outdated method used on line 706 of /forum/code/ForumHolder.php located which is this:

$this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, &$data);

Also all Forum pages will no longer save and publish correctly.

This is a new site so I could carpet bomb it and start over. But has anyone else ran into these problems?

ApocSyn

2 September 2011 at 10:20pm

Here is the exact error message received:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/.../....com/forum/code/ForumHolder.php on line 706

This is with the latest Master forum and the latest stable Silverstripe release.

Any ideas?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

3 September 2011 at 8:40pm

Note this is just a warning, not an error message.

this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, &$data); Should be $this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, $data); (without the &).

ApocSyn

5 September 2011 at 7:43pm

Thanks Will!

I ended up blowing the test site up and reinstalling. Getting a similar error but now I know how to fix it :D