Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum module upgrade failed

Go to End

4 Posts   1396 Views

ApocSyn

Community Member, 3 Posts

1 September 2011 at 9:03pm

I am on version 2.4.5 of of Silverstripe and recently tried to upgrade from the .3 forums to the master using the upgrade method located here:

https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-forum/blob/ec4828380b24d91b6cdf8d730db3975ce3dc515e/docs/en/Upgrading.md

I did the following: Deleted old forums, uploaded new, ran /dev/build, then ran the upgrade script.

After the upgrade I also installed the master tagfield.

And then I ran into the problems. The front page initially came with a console warning regarding an outdated method used on line 706 of /forum/code/ForumHolder.php located which is this:

$this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, &$data);

Also all Forum pages will no longer save and publish correctly.

This is a new site so I could carpet bomb it and start over. But has anyone else ran into these problems?

ApocSyn

2 September 2011 at 10:20pm

Here is the exact error message received:

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated in /home/.../....com/forum/code/ForumHolder.php on line 706

This is with the latest Master forum and the latest stable Silverstripe release.

Any ideas?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 September 2011 at 8:40pm

Note this is just a warning, not an error message.

this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, &$data); Should be $this->getNewPostsAvailable(null, null, $forumID, $threadID, $data); (without the &).

ApocSyn

5 September 2011 at 7:43pm

Thanks Will!

I ended up blowing the test site up and reinstalling. Getting a similar error but now I know how to fix it :D