Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

What version to use ?

Go to End

7 Posts   1894 Views

OnebyOne

Community Member, 54 Posts

18 January 2009 at 10:30pm

I'm a little bit dispointed by the forum modules, also most of the solutions at people problems with this moduls seems to be "try the latest daily build".

And doesn't work ! Is a pain, i've tried over 10 daily builds and doesn't work.
All the servers requirements are ok. I'm using latest stable SS 2.2.3

Latest Stable Forum - doesn't work, solve the currentControler problem, but i got blank page with the posts (permision for forum are set)

Others daily build doesn't work, the most freqvent error is Fatal error: Call to a member function securityTokenEnabled() on a non-object in /home/xxxxxxxxxxx/public_html/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php on line 217.

Should I change also the SS at a daily build ? Or perhaps is time to go away from SS :( !

THX
Sorry for my english !

OnebyOne

19 January 2009 at 4:46am

Edited: 19/01/2009 4:46am

Hey guys give a clue even the 2.3.0 rc2 with latest daily build doesn't work...

ajshort

Community Member, 244 Posts

19 January 2009 at 11:31am

Hey There,

The latest forum trunk works fine for me with rc2 - how are you going about installing the update? Did you remember to visit /dev/build?flush when you updated the forum code & updated to rc2?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 January 2009 at 12:49pm

This forum is running on the latest build of 2.3 and the latest Forum build and we haven't noticed any issues. Can you see on your error logs why you are getting a blank page?

Forum 0.2 stable is due soon. Me and Sean are just putting it through its paces and tidying up the code so if you see any issues like this please make a ticket on open.silverstripe.com so we can ensure that the stable release is stable with 2.3 :)

OnebyOne

19 January 2009 at 7:27pm

THX for the answer, i've tried also the latest build but SS is getting an error.
willr i'll try one more time to install latest SS, and PM the link and server details. Is strange because SS is showing all is ok..and haven't probelmes with latest stable SS.

THX

OnebyOne

19 January 2009 at 7:43pm

Edited: 19/01/2009 8:15pm

Since i've installing SS latest build problems i've move the post to installing thread: http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/252594

OnebyOne

20 January 2009 at 5:38am

Edited: 20/01/2009 5:39am

I wish to make SS 2.2.3 woking with 0.1.2 forum, i've change http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/232817 to get out that error, but i see that blank page for posts. Since i've tested other version of forums and got blank page should i stay with this untill i make it to run.

Oh, it has some errors this forum :) Today after i stay logged in, at a moment i come back and try to log into the forum, but couldn't see the edit and post buttons even if was saying i'm log in (in bottom) and the log in menu was displayed.

Strange.