Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Notice: Controller::currentController() is deprecated...

Go to End

12 Posts   8312 Views

burgessb

Community Member, 17 Posts

31 January 2009 at 11:46am

Edited: 01/02/2009 4:46pm

I'm getting the following message at the top of my forum page:

Notice: Controller::currentController() is deprecated. Use Controller::curr() instead. in /public_html/mysite.com/silverstripe/sapphire/core/control/Controller.php on line 367

Any suggestions on how to get rid of this???

Thank you for your time...

UncleCheese

Forum Moderator, 4102 Posts

31 January 2009 at 5:02pm

Edited: 31/01/2009 5:04pm

Do you have a script that's using Controller::currentController()? If so, change it to Controller::curr().

Otherwise, it's a low level error, so just turn down your error reporting and wait for SS to update their codebase. That method has been deprecated for only one release.

Carbon Crayon

Community Member, 598 Posts

1 February 2009 at 4:03am

you just needed to change line 155 of Forum.php to 'Controller::curr()' instead of 'Controller::CurrentController().'

burgessb

1 February 2009 at 4:00pm

Thanks aram! It worked!

burgessb

1 February 2009 at 4:51pm

Well, aram's solution fixed part of the problem, but now when you click on an entry within a topic, the page is completely blank. The error log says that the file does not exist, but I've clearly saved and published it from the cms. Anyone have a solution?

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 February 2009 at 3:27pm

Sounds like you are using 0.1 of the forum, this was designed with SilverStripe 2.1 support and is buggy in 2.2 and 2.3. I recommend you download the latest dailybuild from the forum download page

burgessb

2 February 2009 at 3:54pm

Will,
Forgive me for my ignorance, but are you talking about the link underneath the "Latest Build" header in the bottom right hand corner as opposed to using the "Download" link box at the top?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 February 2009 at 4:04pm

Correct. The next version of the forum (same as this forum) is just about to be released so using the 'Latest Build' is recommended - It should work perfectly with SilverStripe 2.3

Go to Top