Been a long time coming but the first rc of forum 0.2 is available to download and test - silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/Forum/forum-0.2rc2.tar.gz
This release has a number of improvements and enhancements including support for the upcoming 2.3 release of SilverStripe. While this may still work on earlier versions of SilverStripe it is designed and tested on 2.3+.
This release includes some great work by Sean (aka halkyon) and myself (just check out the new features!) and props go out to community members simon_w and smartplugsdesign for submitting patches which have been merged in.
As always if you come across bugs list them at http://open.silverstripe.com/, or leave a comment here.
* Improved search. (Sorting, Group posts by thread, Search results can be piped as a RSS feed, Keywords are now highlighted, Boolean search support)
* Added front end reporting (Ability to show most popular threads, sorted by post, Most popular members/members list.)
* Sticky posts feature. Ability for admin users to make threads sticky.
* New permission system, read-only threads and forums, and better Permission checking. Front end permission management for moderators.
* Ability to subscribe / unsubscribe to a thread without replying/commenting.
* Support for smilies in posts :).
* Added ability for forum categories.
* Added Gravatar support.
* Added signature support.
* Added Mollom Support
* Fixed timeout error on posts which take more then 20 minutes to type.
* Redesigned attachment system so no loose posts hanging round.
* Added support for breadcrumbs and forum title to appear in the templates.
* Added empty statics to forum module to allow decoration .
* Fixed usage of deprecated APIs.
* Can now add/remove attachments on the edit post page.
* Fixed pagination.
* Better i18n support.
* RSS feed fixes.
* Fields now using HTMLText rather then Text.