Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Forum Error on Published Site

Go to End

6 Posts   1887 Views

BruceG

Community Member, 29 Posts

27 February 2009 at 11:43am

I received the following when trying to view a forum on the published site.

Fatal error: Call to undefined method Controller::currentcontroller() in D:\wamp\www\SilverStripe-v2.3.0\forum-v0.1.2\code\Forum.php on line 155

I see there's a new forum module under development. Is this due out soon? Maybe this will resolve my problem if I wait for it.

Cheers
Bruce

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

27 February 2009 at 2:40pm

Hey Bruce, Try the RC. It is pretty stable with SilverStripe 2.3. These forums are running it, we just haven't got round to releasing it as stable yet.

BruceG

27 February 2009 at 4:08pm

Thanks Will

That seems to work.

If I wanted to set up a customised Forum holder and forum pages (layouts, colour, positioning, spacing etc) what's the best way to go about that?
Is there a tutorial to explain this procedure?

Bruce

Willr

27 February 2009 at 5:26pm

If its all just css/ html changes then you can copy forum/templates forum/css forum/images to yourthemename_forum/*

So you should have

themes/yourtheme_forum/css/
themes/yourtheme_forum/images/
themes/yourtheme_forum/templates

Now you can edit away at the files in yourtheme_forum! without touching on the forum/ folder

BruceG

27 February 2009 at 5:52pm

Thanks Will

I'll have a crack
It all sounds so simple - if only I knew what I was doing???

Regards
Bruce

Willr

28 February 2009 at 2:51pm

Basically you can override the default theme by defining your own custom theme. Eg if you installed with the BlackCandy theme the theme is stored in themes/blackcandy. Now when you add a module it first looks for its templates, images and css from themes/blackcandy_forum as blackcandy is the current theme. If that does not exist it uses the default styles in forum/.

So if you want to override any default styles (this covers the templates in sapphire and cms as well as any modules) you just need to create a yourcurrenttheme_modulename folder and place the files in there. This is whats known as a subtheme.