Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

"starttopic" doesnt work

6 Posts   1151 Views

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

14 April 2009 at 4:49am

Hi,

I installed the forum module to my site and I really like it. Since I added some more features, eg the mollom-Module, the method "starttopic" doesn´t work any more. If a user of any group tries to start a new topic, a white page with no html-code at all appears, nor any error message. Since I´m new to saphire and SilverStripe I don´t know how to track down this error. The method starttopic resides at the Forum_Controller.

I´m sure it´s just a small error, I tried to find it for hours. I appreciate any help or hint.

baba-papa

14 April 2009 at 9:51pm

I might have solved this by myself. Since I was developing on my localhost and had no internet access, the mollom spam protection did not work well and i got these odd results.

mwalsh

Community Member, 21 Posts

17 April 2009 at 1:05am

I'd be interested to learn how you resolved this issue.

I have the same issue in that I'm unable to start a new forum topic (SS 2.3.1 and latest stable forum release - I've tried the SVN trunk too). I seem to be able to post to the forum on existing topics but I'm unable to start new ones.

baba-papa

17 April 2009 at 6:17pm

Edited: 17/04/2009 6:27pm

I´m quiet shure, that the bug had something to do with the mollom-module or the spamprotection-module. I didn´t fix that bug nor did I find it´s cause. Although my system is in developer mode I had no error message at all. The problem went away when I came back from hollyday and had internet access again.

HansR

Community Member, 140 Posts

30 May 2009 at 5:48pm

I just had this problem, and it was an issue with my theme, which has its own custom forums theme. I think that the problem was the following line in Forum_starttopic.ss:

$ReplyForm

which should be:

$ReplyForm(true)

My solution was to copy the Forum_starttopic.ss from the forum/template/ folder. I suppose deleting the custom forum theme would work too.

Hans

baba-papa

1 June 2009 at 10:14pm

Hello HansR,

thanks for your help. Next time I´ll try your way.