Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

send private message to forummembers ?

Go to End

16 Posts   6583 Views

lxer

Community Member, 16 Posts

8 May 2009 at 8:04pm

I haven't touched the forum module yet, but I would like to know if it is possible to a
send private message to another forummember.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

8 May 2009 at 8:48pm

Well its no currently implemented but it would be pretty straightforward to add this ability. You would just need to create a MessageObject and create a form to send it and the templates to view the items etc.

If you would like this functionality then make a ticket on open.silverstripe.com and we can see about getting it into the next release.

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

10 May 2009 at 6:58pm

There is a message module in the unsupported modules section. I use it on my forum. I had to tweak it because it doesn´t have much functions. Users want notifications on new messages, maybe an inbox and outbox and the ability to delete messages.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 May 2009 at 10:37pm

Right well thats cool maybe for the next update of the forum we can add the API hooks / integration with the messaging module so that it works out of the box. If you have any generic code / updates to the module you have done which you think should be rolled back into the package please submit in on http://open.silverstripe.com.

baba-papa

31 May 2009 at 7:51pm

Edited: 31/05/2009 8:06pm

Hi willr,
<br >
<br >I added some functions to the existing module:
<br >- I reformatted the message overview templete. Now they are displayed in a <table>.
<br >- A message can be deleted
<br >- When a single message is displayed, the reader can reply to it instantly.
<br >
<br >There is still a lot to do until this module works and looks well. It´s arcitecture seams to be from an old SS-version. E.g. the modules code is divided in a folder "model" and a foulder "controller". I have never seen this before in any SS-code. Then the templates are called by an URL-segment(e.g. "/post"), which is the appendix of the template name("PrivateMessagePage_post.ss").
<br >
<br >It´s really difficult form me to think this way. The module should be reprogrammed, so that it´s arcitecture looks like any other modules arcitecture.
<br >
<br >My code is in the file attatched. I also posted it to the modules developer.

Attached Files
baba-papa

7 June 2009 at 3:14am

I did some changes to the privatemessaging module. Now messages are marked as read/new. Sam asked me to implement i18n but I didn´t succeed yet. After putting some _t() in the template I ran the textcollector. I had a message "Running task 'i18n Textcollector Task'..." but nothing happend. Any hints?
When I´m done with i18n I will create a patch for the original module.

Attached Files
baba-papa

7 June 2009 at 6:34am

i18n implemented.

Attached Files
Hijoe

Community Member, 1 Post

11 June 2009 at 11:11am

great idea :)

Go to Top