Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Javascript problem

Go to End

12 Posts   2322 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

19 June 2009 at 4:24am

Hi,

I'm currently finishing a site for a school organization which I am a part of and I just have some minor problems that I wanna fix. I used mootools (js framework) to animate my main navigation but it seems that it doesn't work once I view the forum and event calendar pages. I tried to trace the problem and I found out that those pages have javascript includes which may conflict with the ones I have written.

Here is the site btw: http://lexlounge.com/

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

19 June 2009 at 6:27am

sometimes for some pages SS use jQuery and Prototype, both has the $ function, but for jQuery there is a way to avoid the conflicts by calling the jQuery.noConflicts() function.

I am not sure whether mootools has that too. Check it with that, also I tried to help one of my friends with this, but I couldnt find a way to solve it. if anyone can it will be a great help.

animasola

19 June 2009 at 1:08pm

Thanks! Just what I needed, I didn't know that these pages used JQuery and Prototype and I'm not familiar with the $ function as well. I'll try to solve it myself in the meantime. But to anyone who is an expert or who is familiar with this problem, please do help. Thanks a lot!

Thanks Nivanka! :)

Nivanka

19 June 2009 at 2:41pm

welcome,

I am too eager to find out a way to use mootools with other javascript libraries. I think better if you can post on their forums.

animasola

19 June 2009 at 2:51pm

Edited: 19/06/2009 2:56pm

I just followed your advice and used jQuery.noConflict(); as an inline script right after the call to the core main jquery library.

I inserted it within the CalendarUI.class.php on line 23, within the customScript. And with others that also required jquery, I just placed this line of code after each call:

Requirements::customScript("
   jQuery.noConflict();
");

I'm not sure if this is safe but it works nonetheless. Thanks again Niv!

Cheers,
Vic

Nivanka

19 June 2009 at 2:53pm

it must be safe, so all working fine now?

animasola

19 June 2009 at 2:56pm

Yep! Thanks a lot! :)

draft

Community Member, 57 Posts

7 July 2009 at 4:28pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem with mootools.. In my main page, i have an animation using mootools, but when i create a form there (which will create javascript validation), the animation stop working, and it gave me this javascript error : $$.shared is not defined.

Anyone can help me? Please tell me where to put the jquery.noconflicts function?

-Draft

Go to Top