Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Forum Module /

Discuss the Forum Module.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Default Avatar = Broken Image

Go to End

5 Posts   3193 Views

socks

Community Member, 191 Posts

22 August 2009 at 9:52am

Forum module - trunk 84981
SS - 2.3.3

- Viewing the list of posts for a topic, the default avatar shows a broken image.

- Viewing the profile of another forum member, the default avatar shows properly.

- Viewing your own profile, (when custom avatar hasn't been uploaded) the default avatar isn't shown (not a broken image, just doesn't display).

I know the added Gravatar functionality says if you don't upload avatar then it will use the Gravatar, but it seems that should only work if a Gravatar exists.

thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 August 2009 at 12:09pm

What is the broken image's path? Is it trying to use the gravatar url? If you disable looking for gravatars then does it display correctly?. You might like to open a ticket on open.silverstripe.com to track this issue.

socks

22 August 2009 at 1:03pm

Edited: 26/08/2009 10:59pm

src="http://www.gravatar.com/avatar.php?gravatar_id=bb33af3559f108045fdb2ca8044f2680&default=
forum%2Fimages%2Fforummember_holder.gif&size=80"

After I disabled Gravatars in the Settings tab, the default avatars did display properly.

I'll open a ticket later today or tomorrow. Already one there... http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/4229

Thanks willr for the help.

socks

26 August 2009 at 11:04pm

I posted a possible fix at the link above.
On the ticket, I meant to say line 250 on ForumRole.php.
I don't claim to know what I'm doing, so someone should verify the solution works and is the best solution. :-)

lluis

Community Member, 3 Posts

21 September 2009 at 11:11pm

Thank's!

I had the same problem and this works correctly!