Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Author and Publisher not being saved

6 Posts   1357 Views

heidgert

Community Member, 16 Posts

27 November 2009 at 11:47am

Hi,

I have come across something that I think must be a bug, or else I'm missing something vital.

On a fresh 2.3.3 installation with the BlackCandy theme, I log into the CMS, make some changes to a page and hit Save and Publish.

If I now look at the Page Version History my newly created version is listed there but the Author and Publisher columns are totally empty.

If I look into the database in the SiteTree_Versions table I find TWO versions of the same page I just created (one with status Save (update) and one with Published - is this correct?). The page with the Published status gets PublisherID = 1 but AuthorID is 0.

The same happens if I create a new page.

Even though the PublisherID is set to 1 (that's the default admin account, i.e. me) the Publisher column is still empty under Page Version History.

Any clues?

heidgert

7 December 2009 at 10:59am

I just tried this on a fresh install of 2.3.4 with the same result.

Can anyone here verify whether this works for you?

Henk Poley

30 Posts

30 December 2009 at 4:20am

I'm seeing the same thing with a pretty vanilla SS 2.3.4

I only saw it because the Latest Page Widget shows up no author. I'll look in the SS bugtracker next.

Henk Poley

30 Posts

30 December 2009 at 4:29am

This is probably fixed by this patch :

http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/85086

heidgert

4 January 2010 at 11:45am

Sorry for my ignorance but it seems like this fix was 4 months old. Shouldn't this mean that it should be solved in 2.3.4?

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

4 January 2010 at 12:24pm

No, that change was only applied to trunk. This change will only appear in trunk or 2.4 (trunk was branched to create 2.4 a few months ago).