Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Fields of ComplexTableField : Only ID shows in table (but all in pop-up)

4 Posts   1434 Views

lise

Community Member, 47 Posts

4 December 2009 at 9:09am

I am following the example (Chapter 5) to create a ComplexTableField and it works OK excepted that the table I get in the CMS
tab displays only one column :"ID" .
However , the pop-up windows correctly displays *all* the fields of the DataObject.
How can I configure which fields appear in the tab-table (i.e the table with the standard icons) ?

Here is the code :

function getCMSFields() {
$fields = parent::getCMSFields();
   $postsTable = new ComplexTableField($this, 'AGPost', 'AGPost');
   $fields->addFieldToTab('Root.Content.AGPost', $postsTable);
    return $fields;
}

Any help would be highly appreciated. I looked at the documentation on ComplexTableField but could not find the answer.
(http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=complextablefield)

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

4 December 2009 at 9:40am

This is probably because you haven't passed a field list to the ComplexTableField. As per the examples on that documentation page you need to specify a 4th argument which is the fields to display. The popup works as the form scaffolder does all the heavy lifting.

Change

new ComplexTableField($this, 'AGPost', 'AGPost')

To something like

new ComplexTableField($this, 'AGPost', 'AGPost', array('Title'=>'Title', 'OtherField'=> 'Some Field'))

lise

Community Member, 47 Posts

4 December 2009 at 9:57am

It worked like a charm! Thanks a lot!

wildflower1975

Community Member, 59 Posts

3 February 2010 at 1:31pm

Edited: 03/02/2010 1:44pm

Hi Will

I've managed to get my custom object displaying Ok but would like to add more fields to the Summary table namely the CaseManager which is a Member as per below.

class CreditApplicationSubmission extends DataObject {
static $has_one = array(
'CaseManager' => 'Member');
}

$applicationsTable = new ComplexTableField($this, 'CreditApplications', 'CreditApplicationSubmission', array('Goods' => 'Goods', 'AmountSought' => 'AmountSought', 'CaseManager' => 'CaseManager' ));

However when I do this I get a no forTemplate on Object Member error, but the CaseManger field shows correctly as a select box with current members in the popup edit box.

I tried copying the forTemplate method from cms/code/MemberTableField.php into sapphire/security/Member.php without success.

thanks

I found an answer here for when using ModelAdmin instead :) (but I'd still like to know about ComplexTableField)

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=dataobject&s=summaryfields#summary_fields