Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Page Title from DataObject

3 Posts   1135 Views

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

10 December 2009 at 9:58am

I'd like to add information to my Page Title from a couple of dataObject fields. Basically I have two fields FirstName and LastName. I can retrieve the info and display it on the page fine but I am having trouble telling the Page's Title to add the new information. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 December 2009 at 11:50am

So how are you displaying the dataobject on the page and how are you displaying the title on the page?. Might be easier if for the <title> tags you don't use the built in $MetaTags function instead do something like..

<head>
$MetaTags(false)
<title>$Title - <% if DataObject %>$Field<% end_if %></title>
</head>

potion_maker

Community Member, 36 Posts

10 December 2009 at 1:40pm

Edited: 12/12/2009 6:35am

The DataObject is loaded in new page that extends Page (i.e. MyPage.php [MyPage extends Page] ). So in MyPage.ss I can do <% if DisplayPerson %>$FirstName $LastName<% end_if %>

If however I call the same thing from Page.ss I get nothing. Do I need do something like <% if MyPage.DisplayPerson %>$FirstName $LastName<% end_if %>

SOLVED by <% if_MyFunction %><% control_MyFunction %>$FirstName $LastName<% end_control %><% end_if %>