Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Save and Publish

Go to End

4 Posts   1299 Views

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

16 December 2009 at 6:20am

The save and publish function doesn't work properly on my current site. I think the root is a problem with the PHP memory_limit. Currently, I remedy this by downloading the site db and modifying it locally where I have a higher memory_limit (128) as opposed to my site (64). I currently use 2.3.3 for my live site.

Would an upgrade to version 2.3.4 remedy this problem? Has anyone else encountered this problem? If so, how did you fix it?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 December 2009 at 8:54am

If you're hitting PHP memory limits not much you can do apart from reducing the amount of memory you use or increasing the amount of memory you have.

2.4 does have a couple performance improvements so you could try that. 2.3.4 doesn't have any such improvements as its just a security update.

animasola

Community Member, 121 Posts

16 December 2009 at 3:15pm

Oh, ok. Just a quick question: Is 64M of allocated memory not enough? I know Silverstripe requires at least 32 so why am I having problems with 64? The Save and Publish function doesn't work properly. Any other work around to get it going?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

17 December 2009 at 9:08am

Is 64M of allocated memory not enough

Depends how big your site gets. 64 I would say is the minimum but I run all my sites at 128mb as 64mb is a touch on the low side for a medium sized site.