Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

some questions on silverstripe

3 Posts   1921 Views

Mikan

Community Member, 17 Posts

18 December 2009 at 1:45am

Edited: 21/12/2009 9:29am

hi,

I am new to silverstripe since today, my SilverStripe 2.3.4 has been successfully installed and I have some questions below:

1, How to change a SilverStripe theme?
2, How to change my site title name and describe, like this " Your Site Name" and "your site's tagline here"
3, sitemaps is undisplay to my site ,I can't see googlesitemaps on my Admin CP , how can I add sitemap to my site.
4, how can I create a logo to my site ?
5, how to edit or remove footer contents, Like this (Copyright © 2007-2008 | Powered by SilverStripe Open Source CMS)

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

18 December 2009 at 12:21pm

1, How to change a SilverStripe theme?

Read the themes documentation - http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=themes

2, How to change my site title name and describe, like this " Your Site Name" and "your site's tagline here"

In 2.4 you can set this on your CMS dashboard. In 2.3 you have to edit the themes/blackcandy/templates/Page.ss template

sitemaps is undisplay to my site ,I can't see googlesitemaps on my Admin CP , how can I add sitemap to my site.

If you have the googlesitemaps module you should see the sitemap from yoursite.com/sitemap.xml. You won't see anything in the CMS (like a page type etc, its all automatic).

4, how can I create a logo to my site ?

Making a logo would involve graphics software like Photoshop. You might want to contact a designer to make you a logo

5, how to edit or remove footer contents,

You have to edit the themes/blackcandy/templates/Includes/Footer.ss template.

You can edit templates in pretty much any texteditor like notepad, dreamweaver or anything else you have access to.

Mikan

Community Member, 17 Posts

19 December 2009 at 3:14am

hi,

Willr, thanks for your helping.

my site has been down, Please check my new questions here,

http://silverstripe.org/customising-the-cms/show/257187?start=8#post275724

thanks