Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

UnitTest Error

Go to End

4 Posts   3722 Views

ChrisBryer

Community Member, 95 Posts

23 December 2009 at 10:51am

Hi Everyone,
I'm trying to set up unit tests, and installed pear and PHPUnit-3.3.17 on wamp. PHPUnit says it installed ok.
i restarted apache, and visited localhost/mysite/dev/tests/ and receive this error on all tests.

Fatal error: Class 'PHPUnit_Framework_TestSuite' not found in C:\wamp\www\mysite\sapphire\dev\TestRunner.php on line 144

i checked out this file and dont see a class definition for PHPUnit_Framework_TestSuite. i'm running SS version 2.3.3, and also tested with SS 2.3.1

can anyone let me know what i'm missing?
thanks alot,
-Chris

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

27 December 2009 at 3:32pm

PHPUnit_Framework_TestSuite is a class from PHPUnit. PHPUnit/Framework.php must be in your include path so the code at the top of dev/TestRunner.php finds it. I imagine this is best done in .htaccess if you can; I don't know the best place to do this in the SilverStripe code itself. For code snippets for doing adding a folder to the include path, see http://www.silverstripe.org/blog-module-forum/show/267774?start=0#post273560

ChrisBryer

5 January 2010 at 10:26am

Hi Tobych,
thanks for the reply.
I just got it working.

i had to do a few things to get it to work..
i manually added path environment variables to let pear and phpunit run. (added ;C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\ to the path)
my pear installation installed the PHPUnit folder in c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\PEAR. i needed to change the php.ini file to reflect that:

(php.ini)
include_path = ".;C:/wamp/bin/php/php5.2.6/PEAR;"

thanks again for the help,
-Chris

ChrisBryer

5 January 2010 at 10:35am

actually, i didnt need to adjust the environment variables at all.. just changing the include path and restarting apache worked.

thanks again,
-Chris