Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Open different template

Go to End

13 Posts   1677 Views

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

5 January 2010 at 9:15pm

Edited: 05/01/2010 9:16pm

I know I seen something somewhere on this. I want to open the content from Page.ss into a different PagePopup.ss

I have the page types made, I am looking to view the same content on the Page.ss in the site, but if the setup is different, I want to call up the content into PagePopup.ss

Any ideas? Some type of URL code in the http://...

I found this, don't understand
http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/79233#post79233

Please help
Thank you,
Steve

tobych

Community Member, 97 Posts

6 January 2010 at 1:18pm

Edited: 06/01/2010 1:19pm

As explained here:

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=built-in-page-controls

you can view data from another page using the Page control. It takes a URLSegment (eg home or my-page):

<% control Page(my-page) %>
$Content
<% end_control %>

Hope this helps.

Toby

steve_nyhof

6 January 2010 at 1:49pm

Edited: 06/01/2010 4:55pm

Hi Toby,

I'm still not getting how to do this.

I have the page types made, I am looking to view the same content on the Page.ss in the site, but if the setup is different, I want to call up the content into PagePopup.ss

Can you explain a little more based on what I am trying to do here please?

I have a site that will navigate normally with navigation buttons. At the bottom are the disclaimer links. These links open up their content on Page.ss. All good.

However, there is an option I have setup that allow the user to remove the navigation to generate a one page capture page if they like. The disclaimers links are still in place, but because I do not want to show navigation, I have made another page PagePopup.ss which does not include navigation.

When the user chooses the option to have no navigation, I have an if statement in the Page.ss file to one set of hrefs or another set with javascript popups. I am hoping to open the popups into PagePopup.ss. I have this done... see below.

I hope this helps, but I am not understanding the URLSegment or how it is used to get what I am after here.

Thank you,
Steve

<% if ShowMyFooter %>
<div>$callSocialScripts.SocialScripts</div>
<div class="typography">$callGlobalFooter.MyFooter</div>
<% end_if %>

<% if ShowFootNav %>
<div id="disclaimer"><a href="disclaimer/" target="_top">Disclaimer</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="terms-of-use/" target="_top">Terms of Use</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="income-disclaimer/" target="_top">Income Disclaimer</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="privacy-policy/" target="_top">Privacy Policy</a></div>
<% else %>
<div id="disclaimer">

<a href="disclaimer/?t=12" onclick="javascript:void window.open('disclaimer','1262634071452','width=860,height=500,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');return false;">Disclaimer</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="terms-of-use/" onclick="javascript:void window.open('terms-of-use/','1262634071452','width=860,height=500,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');return false;">Terms of Use</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="income-disclaimer/" onclick="javascript:void window.open('income-disclaimer/','1262634071452','width=860,height=500,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');return false;">Income Disclaimer</a> <span style="color:#666;">|</span> <a href="privacy-policy/" onclick="javascript:void window.open('privacy-policy/','1262634071452','width=860,height=500,toolbar=0,menubar=0,location=0,status=0,scrollbars=1,resizable=1');return false;">Privacy Policy</a></div>
<% end_if %>

Pigeon

Community Member, 243 Posts

6 January 2010 at 2:29pm

Hey Steve,

I think i know what you are getting at.

You basically just need to set a function in your controller so that if you were to go to http://example.com/URLSegment/popup/ then it uses a different Layout file.

This is usually used for ajax calls and the like, but is equally suited to pop-ups.

In Page_Controller

function popup() {
return $this->renderWith('TemplateName');
}

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=templates#calling_templates_from_php_code might help too.

The ajax recipe *might* help a little too: http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=recipes:ajax_basics

Enjoy :)

steve_nyhof

6 January 2010 at 2:46pm

Edited: 06/01/2010 2:47pm

I'm very sorry, but I am not following. I have read the doc, but I have a thick head, takes me forever to get it. Once things work I can see why, but I am only now getting into the deeper things that SS offers.

In Page_Controller

function popup() {
return $this->renderWith('PagePopup');
}

Like this...

class Page_Controller extends ContentController {

public function init() {
      parent::init();

// Note: you should use SS template require tags inside your templates
      // instead of putting Requirements calls here. However these are
      // included so that our older themes still work
      Requirements::themedCSS("layout");
      Requirements::themedCSS("typography");
      Requirements::themedCSS("form");

}

function popup() {
   return $this->renderWith('PagePopop');
   }

How do I call it at the href ?

Please help. this is one of the last things I need to complete to get this out.

Thank you,
Steve

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

6 January 2010 at 3:03pm

Steve, if you have it setup like you showed, and its on your home page that your doing this, then, try going to yoursite.com/home/popup

steve_nyhof

6 January 2010 at 3:33pm

I think I am getting it to work. Not like I was after, but I think I am beginning to understand by your small comment. I will press on.

AdamJ

Community Member, 145 Posts

6 January 2010 at 3:48pm

If its in the page controller, you should be able to do it for any page (if thats what your after) by just putting "/popup" after the URLsegment of each page.

Go to Top