Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Add Image in the Editor

7 Posts   1469 Views

kondor

Community Member, 9 Posts

24 January 2010 at 6:00am

Hi I have

a one , hmm maybe a little stupid Question to you :)

When I look at video overview for content editors (http://silverstripe.org/assets/video/cms-small.html) on the frontpage, I can see that somebody, who want to add any picture to the Content, just click on the small image in the editor, a then on the right side of the admin site he can for example upload any new Image or create any folder, really fine, but ...

I have just installed a 2.3.4 version on my localhost, wanted to add some example Picture to the content and unfortunelly I don't see the possibilty to create or to upload any folder / image. (see Attacj File)

Do I need some Modul ??

Thanks for any answer

Kondor

Attached Files
zenmonkey

Community Member, 528 Posts

24 January 2010 at 9:23am

Upload new images in the Files & Images tab at the top of the screen

kondor

25 January 2010 at 11:18pm

Edited: 25/01/2010 11:21pm

Thanks @zenmonkey,

I knew that possibility, but what happened with this feature from editor/image editor (see Attach File) ?

Like you see there are direct links to create a new folder and to upload a new image. This is more comfortable to me :)

Attached Files
Fuzz10

Community Member, 787 Posts

26 January 2010 at 11:56pm

If I recall correctly, this feature was deliberately dropped because of problems with SWF-upload .....

kondor

28 January 2010 at 3:00am

Thanks for the clarification @Fuzz10

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

8 February 2010 at 5:49am

What is the status on fixing the "upload while in the editor" function?

I am about to start a project for a client who could really do with this.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

8 February 2010 at 9:10am

The Content Editor uploader has been rebuild and reworked for 2.4 check out the upcoming beta release which it should be included with.