Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe Fully Loaded

Go to End

3 Posts   899 Views

DeeLondon

Community Member, 1 Post

29 January 2010 at 4:44am

Does anyone know if there's a SilverStripe Fully Loaded version out there? i.e. a single installation that has all the major Addons, Widgets, etc already installed and ready to use?

Also is the long term plan to always keep the back end of SilverStripe code driven and not have click and point?

For example on most of the CMS systems I've used in the past such as Wordpress, Joomla, etc you just upload a Theme, click on a button and the theme is activated. On SilverStripe you need to find the config file, edit it, flush the system, etc

I really love the simple tree-like design of the system that allows people to enter new content - I just which the back end of SilverStripe was the same way.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 January 2010 at 12:30pm

Edited: 29/01/2010 12:31pm

Howdeys and welcome to the Forums.

Does anyone know if there's a SilverStripe Fully Loaded version out there? i.e. a single installation that has all the major Addons, Widgets, etc already installed and ready to use?

Not that I know. The closest we have to that is our demo site, or the test installs we have for testing new releases but neither of these are packaged up for public download. You'll have to download each module and install it, or if you know how to use SVN the easiest way would be to just add the externals for each.

Also is the long term plan to always keep the back end of SilverStripe code driven and not have click and point?

Relativally code driven is how we plan to keep the core product. In the future someone might add a theme configuration module, which when installed enables you to edit themes in the backend but I don't think its something we'll see built into the core.

One thing that is planned for the CMS is installing / updating / configuring modules. That will hopefully be a nice little feature. See http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/3652 for more information.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

29 January 2010 at 2:30pm

On that changing themes in the CMS, It looks like a simple theme changing piece of functionality is going to be included pretty soon - http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/4933