Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

MicroSite

Go to End

4 Posts   2397 Views

mexik

Community Member, 16 Posts

2 February 2010 at 3:31am

Hi,

Is it possible to have micro-site inside of SilverStripe website ?
I have my website on address http://www.domain.com and my microsite is here http://www.domain.com/micro (on webserver main website is directly in public_html and micro-site is in public_html/micro/ directory).

The problem is that I can't start the other website becaue SilverStripe is blocking it. (tells me that page doesn't exist, while it's not a page in SS site but separate "thing")

My question is : is it possible to divide those two ? can I have SS website in main directory and the other one in some subfolder ?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 February 2010 at 11:26am

If you just want SS to ignore that director then you need to add a rule to your .htaccess file telling it to ignore requests to that folder. Put this above the RewriteRule in the .htaccess

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/folder-name/.*

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

2 February 2010 at 11:40am

Edited: 02/02/2010 11:41am

I usually find it easier to create a new .htaccess file in the subfolder. Apache searches from the deepest folder back, so it'll use the first .htaccess it finds. This way you don't have to modify your silverstripe installation. For example, for a site that doesn't need rewrite, this is sufficient:

RewriteEngine Off

mexik

Community Member, 16 Posts

2 February 2010 at 11:53am

Thanks,

I've already solved this problem the same way you guys gave me :)

Thanks again :)