Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Form styles

3 Posts   774 Views

Harley

Community Member, 153 Posts

4 February 2010 at 12:50pm

I have a site which in its header contains a form no more that two fields. I am trying to display these fields in a line but this is proving difficult because Silverstripe naturally wraps the form elements in divs each with a class.

My question is this: can the classes be removed on this particular form only? I say this form only because there is another form on the same page so I don't want to just disable the form.css, simply I would just like to remove the classes for my first form.

Can this be done and how?

Any comments are much appreciated

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

4 February 2010 at 1:01pm

Edited: 04/02/2010 1:02pm

You can customize the form template by providing a specific template file which has your own markup - http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=form#using_a_custom_template or you should be able to style the divs to fit.

Theres normally more than enough ID's and classes to use as styling hooks. If you want it on 1 line then make the form divs a fixed width and float them left.

Usually even a semi complex set of CSS rules is easier than having a custom template for the form but you can do either.

Harley

Community Member, 153 Posts

8 February 2010 at 11:56am

Thanks Willr,

I know what you mean, I would normally use the default Form.ss and manipulate with css but in this instance I need a custom form template so at least I now know I can do this.

Thanks again