Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Error adding new page

Go to End

15 Posts   2378 Views

madmaurice

Community Member, 20 Posts

10 February 2010 at 4:49am

I started a new project with ss 2.3.5 and got the problem that when you create a new page the dropdown field for the pagetype isnt shown.
i looked at it with firebug and it has style="visibility:hidden"; set.

same thing in ss 2.3.6

in an old project build with 2.3.4 this bug doesnt appear

Attached Files
madmaurice

11 February 2010 at 5:16am

no one else having this damn error?

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

11 February 2010 at 12:12pm

did u flushed the admin. does it appear in other browser than firefox.

??

eddieconnecti

Community Member, 26 Posts

16 February 2010 at 5:32am

Edited: 17/02/2010 12:55pm

Same problem with my cms. Upgraded to 2.4 and only prebuild pagetypes are shown. Cannot say they are there but hidden, they´re just not listed... Hope someone finds a fix soon...

madmaurice

17 February 2010 at 9:11am

Edited: 17/02/2010 9:15am

Look at the screenshot. not even the prebuild page types are shown. the drop down box doesnt show up. if i change the visibility to visible(with firebug) it shows up.

ill try the page with opera

EDIT: Same problem in opera (look at screenshot)

Attached Files
eddieconnecti

17 February 2010 at 9:56am

Oooohhh please! Could anyone - ANYONE - help? This is really annoying, I would like to start work on the cms. All modules (imagegallery, newsletter, etc.) where recognised by scaffolder and written in database, but I CAN NOT CREATE ONE OF THESE PAGES!!!

Since I installed it two times in different locations and had everywhere the same problem, I should not be the only one!?

Pigeon

Community Member, 243 Posts

17 February 2010 at 10:17am

This is a problem that has been present when using opera for a very long time. It's quite frustrating but none of my clients use Opera, so it isn't an issue for me yet.

I don't know what browser you were using to get the error, but try using FF or Chome...

eddieconnecti

17 February 2010 at 12:55pm

I am using Firefox 3.5.7, no Opera, Chrome, Safari or IE. I think if it works not in FF, it works in no other browser...

Why do you think this is a css problem? In my case, I can see all previously installed pagetypes, like page, virtual page and so on. But I can not create a imagegallery page for example. This problem came up, when I upgraded to 2.4 beta. Well, I know its beta, there may occure many errors, but, see, this is a really existential part of the cms. I do not understand, why it failes on that part (without getting errors or warnings)...

Go to Top