Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

2.4 beta how usable is it ??

7 Posts   641 Views

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

10 February 2010 at 12:28pm

Edited: 10/02/2010 12:28pm

Hi I am planning a new project and I am thinking of using 2.4 beta. The question for me is if it is usable without big major bugs. An other important thing is, is the objektdatamanager module still working ? I found this module very useful.

I will test the version today but it would be nice if someone could say already something about possible step stones and traps :).

Thx

Thomas

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

10 February 2010 at 1:54pm

Edited: 10/02/2010 3:28pm

Hi,
I got 2.4 running on fairly large site, and I use dataobject_manager extensively. There is custom modification done, converting CMS into a Document Management System (allows you to attach documents to pages) and it seems to work quite well. I might have fixed some issues on the way though, so if you run into trouble, ask, I might be able to give you some diffs :)

And the traps are in the trap-tracker :D
http://open.silverstripe.org/query?status=inprogress&status=new&status=replyneeded&status=reviewed&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&milestone=2.4.0+stable&milestone=2.4.0+beta2

Edit: I must have been lucky with DOM, UncleCheese says it's not ready for 2.4: http://silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/260986?start=136#post278718

teejay

11 February 2010 at 12:23pm

Today is the where I try it. And thanks for ur offer to help with some nasty bugs :)

teejay

11 February 2010 at 1:31pm

Edited: 11/02/2010 1:32pm

I have just read your edit: What a shame I tried it though, and I discovered a bug in the files section when u wanna create a new folder. iam not sure if this related to dom or the cms.

But already this bug brings me back to 2.3.6 :( what a shame

Mo

Community Member, 514 Posts

13 February 2010 at 5:30am

I am using 2.4 beta on two sites in development. There are definatly some quirks, but usually when I get round to reporting them, they have been fixed in the nightly builds :).

I am also using dataobject manager and swf upload with one, and it works fine.

Its not a permissions error by any chance?

Mo

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

14 February 2010 at 7:06pm

As Mo said, there's changes happening all the time in branches/2.4. However, it's in a fairly good state.

If you do find issues, please report them at [url]http://open.silverstripe.org/newticket[/url]. :-)

Sean

teejay

15 February 2010 at 11:52am

Edited: 15/02/2010 11:53am

So u reckon the nightly build should be the way to go. I will give it a shot. :) thx for ur posts