Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.4 beta how usable is it ??

Go to End

7 Posts   909 Views

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

10 February 2010 at 12:28pm

Edited: 10/02/2010 12:28pm

Hi I am planning a new project and I am thinking of using 2.4 beta. The question for me is if it is usable without big major bugs. An other important thing is, is the objektdatamanager module still working ? I found this module very useful.

I will test the version today but it would be nice if someone could say already something about possible step stones and traps :).

Thx

Thomas

MateuszU

Community Member, 89 Posts

10 February 2010 at 1:54pm

Edited: 10/02/2010 3:28pm

Hi,
I got 2.4 running on fairly large site, and I use dataobject_manager extensively. There is custom modification done, converting CMS into a Document Management System (allows you to attach documents to pages) and it seems to work quite well. I might have fixed some issues on the way though, so if you run into trouble, ask, I might be able to give you some diffs :)

And the traps are in the trap-tracker :D
http://open.silverstripe.org/query?status=inprogress&status=new&status=replyneeded&status=reviewed&order=priority&col=id&col=summary&col=status&col=owner&col=type&col=priority&milestone=2.4.0+stable&milestone=2.4.0+beta2

Edit: I must have been lucky with DOM, UncleCheese says it's not ready for 2.4: http://silverstripe.org/dataobjectmanager-module-forum/show/260986?start=136#post278718

teejay

11 February 2010 at 12:23pm

Today is the where I try it. And thanks for ur offer to help with some nasty bugs :)

teejay

11 February 2010 at 1:31pm

Edited: 11/02/2010 1:32pm

I have just read your edit: What a shame I tried it though, and I discovered a bug in the files section when u wanna create a new folder. iam not sure if this related to dom or the cms.

But already this bug brings me back to 2.3.6 :( what a shame

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

13 February 2010 at 5:30am

I am using 2.4 beta on two sites in development. There are definatly some quirks, but usually when I get round to reporting them, they have been fixed in the nightly builds :).

I am also using dataobject manager and swf upload with one, and it works fine.

Its not a permissions error by any chance?

Mo

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

14 February 2010 at 7:06pm

As Mo said, there's changes happening all the time in branches/2.4. However, it's in a fairly good state.

If you do find issues, please report them at http://open.silverstripe.org/newticket. :-)

Sean

teejay

15 February 2010 at 11:52am

Edited: 15/02/2010 11:53am

So u reckon the nightly build should be the way to go. I will give it a shot. :) thx for ur posts