Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

ModelAdmin (add member to group)

7 Posts   2178 Views

dendeffe

Community Member, 135 Posts

10 February 2010 at 2:56pm

I'm using $group->Members()->add($designer); to add users who register on the front end to the correct group. These designers (extension of Member class) are also managed through ModelAdmin. How would I have ModelAdmin add a new designer to the correct group when a new one is created?

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

11 February 2010 at 12:16pm

Hi dendeffe,

could u pls post abit more code so that this a bit more transparent ?

:)

dendeffe

11 February 2010 at 1:48pm

Hi Teejay,

I have a Designer Class which extends Member. I have another Class RegisterPage which has this code:

http://pastie.org/819294

It adds my newly created designer to the correct group. The designers are also editable in the backend through ModelAdmin. I don't have any idea of how to add the Designer to the correct group when I create one there. I can add a field that lists Group, but when I select one there, the Designer isn't added to the selected group.

teejay

Community Member, 63 Posts

11 February 2010 at 2:25pm

maybe I am wrong but does the add method just relations ? when u add something it creates a relation entry in the db. Do u have a many_many relation to a designer in your group class ?

did u overwrite the belongs_many_many static of member ?

did u try $designer->write(); before u add it ??

dendeffe

11 February 2010 at 10:23pm

Hmmm I haven't edited group, because it's a Class in Sapphire itself

meganub

Community Member, 15 Posts

21 October 2010 at 10:26pm

Edited: 21/10/2010 10:35pm

Sorry to bump an old post, but did you ever solve this dendeffe?

dendeffe

21 October 2010 at 11:04pm

Hi meganub,

wow, project from some way back. The code changed a few times on that. I ended up with this: http://www.sspaste.com/paste/show/4cc011bd8ec8c

The onAfterWrtite() links it to the right group.