Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

JavaScript error settings.headers is undefined

Go to End

Voodoo Priest

Community Member, 32 Posts

12 November 2015 at 11:18pm

Edited: 13/11/2015 2:55am

Hi,
I'm running SS 3.0.14 on an Apache server in FastCGI mode, which makes PHP run as the user that owns the files. So far so good.
The problem is that ever since I upgraded the production server from 2.4.13 to 3.0.3, I have been unable to create a new page without seeing the following error in the Firebug console:

TypeError: settings.headers is undefined
https://www.khalemy.com/assets/_combinedfiles/leftandmain.js?m=1447081607&;
Line 4

This error only shows up on the production server, where SS_ENVIRONMENT_TYPE is set to 'live'. I've never seen it on the local development or test platforms [EDIT] (well, it has just happened to me… line 91 of LeftAndMain.js)(/EDIT]. When it happens, the treeview disappears and the new page, although editable, won't appear as a child of its parent page, whether in a subsequent treeview or listview. To recover a correct page tree, I usually log out then log in again.

I have no clue as to what is happening. Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Could it be the fact that JS files are "combined"? I am using vanilla 'framework' and 'cms' folders, meaning that all my custom code is in 'mysite', which does not seem to matter here anyway.

Thank you for any input.