Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CMS Admin TinyMCE / HTMLEditor scrolling issue on Safari (9.0.1) on El Capitan

Go to End

2 Posts   1546 Views

vwd

Community Member, 166 Posts

15 December 2015 at 5:28am

Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird issue that seems to be isolated to Safari on El Capitan (I haven't been able to replicate it on Mountain Lion or Yosemite nor on Chrome or Firefox).

When in CMS admin, in any (TinyMCE) HTMLEditor pane (e.g. the main Content editor) where the the content is large enough for scrolling, when scrolling to either end using the trackpad (or I guess any other input source which allows for scrolling) the scrollbar gets stuck at the extreme. Once in this stuck state, when attempting to scroll, the (usually hidden) internal scrollbar appears but won't move except for some 'rubber-banding' effect occasionally. It isn't possible to scroll from this stuck state unless once the internal scrollbars appear and you click and drag it. Arrow keys allow you to move the cursor and thus scroll, but engaging the trackpad causes it to get stuck again.

Really strange. In all the years of working with SilverStripe + TinyMCE on Safari, I haven't seen anything like it before. Something peculiar to Safari on El Capitan. I've played with the various settings relating to scrollbars in OSX System Preferences, but no difference.

The site is built with SS3.1.

Anyone else seeing this? Thank you.

vwd

Community Member, 166 Posts

11 July 2016 at 2:07pm

Edited: 11/07/2016 2:08pm

This still is an issue! And now I'm experiencing it on Wordpress / TinyMCE too. The only way to work around it is to attempt to scroll and when the scrollbar appears, to drag it. It isn't possible to scroll with the trackpad within the editor pane. Safari is now 9.1.1