Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Error saving content when adding a link

Go to End

7 Posts   1067 Views

Maariak

Community Member, 37 Posts

30 December 2015 at 2:58am

I'm getting Error saving content -text when I'm adding an external link to a text that got published without problems when it's without that website link. What can cause that problem? I've searched some old topics about same sort of problem, but in some the problem was when adding some specific words. But with the problem that I'm having it seems that the problem is with whatever website link (but not all with some reason... I've managed to publish some website links.)

Maariak

30 December 2015 at 5:53am

Error log shows this message: - - ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). Pattern match "http:\\\\/\\\\ - - " at ARGS:Content. [file " - - activated_rules/modsecurity_crs_40_generic_attacks.conf"] [line "93"] [id " - - "] [rev "2"] [msg "Universal PDF XSS URL Detected."] [ver "OWASP_CRS/2.2.7"] [maturity "9"] [accuracy "9"] [hostname " - - "] [uri "/admin/EditForm"] [unique_id " - - "]

Maariak

3 January 2016 at 6:36am

Does anyone have some hints where could I search the answer to my problem, because I don't understand much about these error codes? I could really use some help. :|

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

4 January 2016 at 9:26pm

Maariak

8 January 2016 at 10:09am

To be honest, googling error code list doesn't help me much because googling it doesn't give any code list and maybe the bigger problem is that english isn't my native language and it's quite hard for me try to read long texts in englsih. But I don't understand the problem because it isn't (I can't find the right word in here) "logical". Why I'm able to publish some texts with links, but with some it gives that error. :|

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

8 January 2016 at 10:09pm

sorry Maariak you posted an error code from a kinda non-silverstripe source (ModSecurity) and asked for help finding what the error code meant - so I directed you to search for the error code and it's meaning. If I'd have seen this error in my 7 years of using silverstripe I'd have shared that experience.

If you want more help then you will need to be much more clear and preferably post actual code that demonstrates the section of code clearly - also maybe the platform (or stack) that this is running on.

Maariak

9 January 2016 at 1:48am

My mistake, I incorrectly thought ModSecure was some Silverstripe module. It's been many years since I've been working with SS-system, so I didn't remember all the modules that was installed when the site I'm working with was build. I've to try to find some information elsewhere then.