Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

CLI not working when site is symlinked (e.g. Deployer / Capistrano)

Go to End

DesignCollective

Community Member, 66 Posts

4 May 2016 at 9:48am

Edited: 04/05/2016 10:00am

Hi there, I'm trying to use the cli script for tasks and flushes on an installation deployed with Deployer (http://deployer.org/docs/installation). Had similar issues when deploying with Capistrano.

if I try to run

sake dev/build
or any other sake / cli-script commands, I get an error

PHP Warning:  require_once(/var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160426140059/framework/parsers/ShortcodeParser.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160503111322/framework/core/manifest/ClassLoader.php on line 77
PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160426140059/framework/parsers/ShortcodeParser.php' (include_path='.:/var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160503111322/framework:/var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160503111322/framework/parsers:/var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160503111322/framework/thirdparty:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/vhosts/mysitename.com//releases/20160503111322/framework/core/manifest/ClassLoader.php on line 77

It seems that the way the CLI script is setup, it won't properly require symlinked files. Does anyone know of a workaround, is there a configuration issue I can apply to make this work? Otherwise, given the amount of sites that may are deployed with a tool such as Capistrano or Deployer, it may be worthwile looking into improving the CLI Script to take this into account as well.

Note: This is on an AWS EC2 box with their GNU Linux

Cheers!