Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Couldn't connect to MySQL database

Go to End

3 Posts   3758 Views

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

18 February 2010 at 9:57am

Error: Couldn't connect to MySQL database
At line 401 in /[edit]/sapphire/core/model/MySQLDatabase.php

Couldn't connect to MySQL database
Line 401 of MySQLDatabase.php
MySQLDatabase->databaseError(Couldn't connect to MySQL database)
Line 39 of MySQLDatabase.php
MySQLDatabase->__construct(Array)
Line 79 of DB.php
DB::connect(Array)
Line 112 of main.php

Is anyone else receiving production errors along these lines? It seems sporadic, but I get emailed 2-3 times a month from different SS installs on different hosts. Not major, but then again some user somewhere is getting 500 response when accessing my sites. I'm wondering if it's a general error related to hosting provider networks, or something to do with SS response times if the site has been idle for a while. Any thoughts?

Juanitou

Community Member, 323 Posts

18 February 2010 at 10:35am

Edited: 18/02/2010 10:36am

Hi Dave!

I was thinking of starting the same thread myself. I’m getting this error several times a day. I doubt it’s SS-related, since nobody seems to complaint. The servers where I’m hosting my sites seems not too reliable, by the way I’m in the process of migrating from them…

Regards,
Juan

EDIT: The error is sometimes: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

18 February 2010 at 10:47am

Hi Juan,

Yea, could be a side effect of hosting providers usually pushing shared hosting to the limit. In any case, I got 2 errors in one minute from the same site at 9am today and another 3 in one minute at 10am. Hopefully it's not a trend.

Dave