Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Where are saphire framework docs?

Go to End

7 Posts   2510 Views

mauzer_tim

Community Member, 11 Posts

18 February 2010 at 9:40pm

I'm choosing framework for my new project and consider to use saphire & SS to build the project on it. There is a slick promo page for Saphire: http://silverstripe.org/sapphire but all the documentation links on it lead to the documentation of SS itself. Where is the documentation of Saphire API?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 February 2010 at 10:53pm

There is currently no separate cms / sapphire documentation. Its all sort of rolled into 1 in docs.

For sapphire API level docs http://api.silverstripe.org/ is the place you want to go. Otherwise docs.silverstripe.org mostly covers sapphire based functionality as well (the cms provides very little extra functionality) things like the templates, controllers, forms which are all in the tutorials are sapphire framework concepts not cms specific.

When the docs finally get round to being rebuild to use a new structure folders (http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/b9ee6dce8b7b5f1/940f4d23addb0482?lnk=gst&q=documentation#940f4d23addb0482) we will have sections relating to sapphire specific / cms specific features.

mauzer_tim

Community Member, 11 Posts

20 February 2010 at 9:34pm

Willr, many thanks for intelligible response.

Now I see that there are quite good documentation on the different aspects of saphire (at the moment I'm not sure if it's needed to be separated from CMS docs) and the API documentation. My first misunderstanding was just because of a bit strange wiki SilverStrip team are using. I somehow got to the tutorials section and weren't able to went out from this section just because there wasn't clear link to the index page. Several hours later after starting to work with docs.silverlight.org I hardly recognized index link in this semi-transparent title:

Of course it might be only mine mental problems :)

Willr

22 February 2010 at 6:10pm

Thanks for the point on the title. I guess it is a bit confusing and it doesn't have a link in the top nav either!. Reorganizing the documentation is high on the priority list for 2010. We're looking at moving to a totally different system some time in the future so the current docs have gone a bit unloved (its still using the old old silverstripe theme and menu :D)

QDK

Community Member, 3 Posts

24 February 2010 at 1:16pm

^ This is excellent news. I have just discovered SilverStripe today. I have managed to get it installed with no problems, but hunting through docs for it has been quite exasperating! I still haven't managed to find how to enable the image editor!

Willr

24 February 2010 at 1:19pm

I still haven't managed to find how to enable the image editor!

As far as I know this has been removed from the core release since it was too buggy for general usage.

QDK

Community Member, 3 Posts

24 February 2010 at 1:21pm

ah .. fair play