Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

IE rendering base href problem?

Go to End

2 Posts   5454 Views

Mortanski

Community Member, 1 Post

22 February 2010 at 10:27am

Edited: 22/02/2010 10:28am

I've installed SilverStripe in a number of different hosting environments without problems previously but have come across a strange IE rendering issue I can't quite nail down.

Basically I have a version of the site running perfectly normally on my test area. When I've installed to the live host environment I get what I think is a base href problem. All sub section pages do not render correctly. The stylesheet links are looking at a relative path as are inline images and links. I've tried hardcoding the stylesheets and this works (basically has the broken links rendering too) but obviously it doesn't help for the files, images and linking.

It renders fine in FireFox and other major browsers and weirdly if I remove the / at the end of a sub page URL the page then renders correctly.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for what is happening here? I've not got a vast knowledge of php or Linux and as such am struggling to work out what the issue is.

I'm confident our css/html is fine particulary as the test environment is fine in IE.

Any help much appreciated.

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

10 October 2010 at 2:51pm

hey mate did you come up with a solution to this???

Im having exactly the same issue.
http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/293524?showPost=293560

Any help would be awesome