Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Files I just uploaded in silverstripe are not showing up in my picture inserter?

6 Posts   1735 Views

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

23 February 2010 at 11:49pm

Hi all,

I have just installed silver stripe but are just having a small difficulty with the file uploading component at the moment. I go to files and images and upload the files I want eg (.jpg and pdf) now they show up there listed on that page, but back on the Site Content area when I go to insert a .jpg the file I just uploaded isn't showing up???

I go to insert image, select the upload directory but the image I just uploaded isn't showing from the selection list. Any ideas?

Any help would be great

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

24 February 2010 at 12:31am

Have you tried clearing your browsers cache and trying again?

You wouldn't happen to have the mod_fcgid Apache module installed on your server would you?

TF-35Lightning

Community Member, 137 Posts

24 February 2010 at 3:00pm

Hi Taffy, no I can't see that module on my list. My Wampserver is a fresh install with default setting apart from having the rewrite_module ticked.

Clearing the cache doesn't make any difference.

Any other ideas? I installed Silverstripe on it's own, I didn't have to install any other 3rd party apps, modules etc I hope.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1132 Posts

25 February 2010 at 12:39am

Does this happen on an out of the box SilverStripe install? I had something like that happen to a site of mine once. I seem to recall it had something to do with the fact that I had defined an Image field on a page, and called it 'Image'. After I visited that page in the CMS, on all pages the thing you describe started to happen...

Of course this might have nothing to do with your problem - just thought I'd mention it

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

26 February 2010 at 3:18pm

Edited: 26/02/2010 3:31pm

I'm having the same problem. I have version 2.3.6 installed. What version do you have installed?

EDIT: What's so interesting is that when I upload the image via CMS, it gets placed in the "Uploads" folder with a permission of "600" (hence why we cannot see the image using our browser). When I call the image on the template, $Image, it still will not display the image.

IF I call the image with $Image.SetWidth(100), it shows up just fine.

Can someone explain this? How do enable all uploads to be visible, without having to have a ".SetWidth"?

Mohammed

Community Member, 25 Posts

26 February 2010 at 5:42pm

Edited: 26/02/2010 5:43pm

I read a post which fixed this issue. It's available at http://www.silverstripe.org/archive/show/145873?start=16#post172052.

They mentioned that you need to edit Folder.php (found in sapphire/filesystem) and add the line in red

if(file_exists($tmpFile['tmp_name']) && copy($tmpFile['tmp_name'], "$base/$file")) {
         // Update with the new image
         chmod("$base/$file", 0755);
         return $this->constructChild(basename($file));

How can this be done without having to alter the core code?