Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Getting really annoyed...

Go to End

3 Posts   1022 Views

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

5 March 2010 at 9:52am

Ok, after rebuilding my site (AGAIN), after getting this White Page of Death, I typed $SidebarWidgets in the templates/Layout/ Page.ss file instead of the /templates/Page.ss file, (suggestion - don't do that), I hit refresh and I have the White Page of Death. Again. Tried a dev/build/flush=1, still White Page. Appears to be stuck at the Security Login. Can't do anything because I can't log in. I'm using External Authentication. Mo had answered before but what I'm really asking, I guess, is it seems like every little thing causes it to "white out". Other than a complete reinstall AGAIN, does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

5 March 2010 at 10:55am

If you can't get back to a working version simply by reverting the changes it is likely that your apache user cannot clear your cache directory correctly. Either fix that issue, empty the cache dir manually or change the cache dir to somewhere you know apache can write (eg with define('TEMP_FOLDER', dirname(getcwd())."/tmp"); to use the /tmp folder in your ss root).

jseth

Community Member, 98 Posts

6 March 2010 at 4:19am

Hi Hamish,
Thanks, I will try that. It appears that I broke the template I was using - when I changed to a different template name in the _config.php, it opened up fine. Does that still sound like it is not clearing the cache directory correctly? I will check my configuration to make sure that it is working correctly. Thank you again.