Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe and WordPress on same hosting account

Go to End

4 Posts   1661 Views

DanStephenson

Community Member, 116 Posts

11 March 2010 at 12:07pm

Edited: 11/03/2010 12:08pm

Hello all,

I have a client who's website I am redeveloping currently to run on SilverStripe. Within their website is a blog they run on WordPress, which we are not moving over to SilverStripe, because the company's blog master doesn't feel the SS Blog plugin is full featured enough, and doesn't have the budget to get us to upgrade it for him.

So my question - I need to be able to run

http://www.example.com <-- The SS site
http://www.example.com/blog <-- The WP blog

When I enter /blog, The Sapphire engine tries to redirect me to a page with that name in SS (and I end up at a 404 page). What do I have to do to allow my users to be properly redirected to my blog?

Blaza

Community Member, 4 Posts

11 March 2010 at 7:12pm

Edited: 11/03/2010 7:13pm

Hi Dan

I think that you need to put an exception to .htaccess file.
There is a lot of examples of these rules out there. Google for: htaccess redirect exception

Hope that helps.

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

11 March 2010 at 8:29pm

Edited: 11/03/2010 8:30pm

Either what Blaza said or if you don't need URL Rewriting for the blog, put a .htaccess file in the blog directory where you turn off the rewrite-engine (RewriteEngine Off)

Judge

Community Member, 79 Posts

12 March 2010 at 1:10am

It's WordPress, so the blog will almost certainly need .htaccess to work.

But what everyone else has said: the .htaccess in the root directory is key. That should have rules to send the WP page requests to the WP entry point, and the SS page requests to the SS entry point.

Don't forget also that both CMSs have assets and files accessed within their modules, such as images and stylesheets. So long as both have clearly defined root directories it should be straight-forward.

-- Jason