Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Can I upload a file in site content editor without having to use Files and Images tab?

Go to End

12 Posts   2866 Views

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

24 March 2010 at 10:58am

Edited: 24/03/2010 11:00am

Add another closing bracket } just before the line with 'class Page_Controller extends Content_Controller {'.
$has_one has also been declared twice. Remove the empty copy and rebuild the database by opening yourdomain.com/dev/build in your browser.

If you really do have no experience with PHP then I think you should consider how much time and effort you can afford to put into learning it and whether Silverstipe is the right CMS for you to be using right now.
This is because nearly all of the setup and configuration for a site is done with PHP files instead of a graphical control panel. That makes the system difficult to jump into without at least knowing the basics. The upside, though, is that once someone does know what they're doing they have more flexibility and power.

RichHead

Community Member, 13 Posts

25 March 2010 at 9:05am

That didn't work either

I understand the comment about PHP, but I am so close to this being handed over to the village community I would loathe to have to start again simply because this "simple" hack does not work...

JoshuaLewis

Community Member, 81 Posts

26 March 2010 at 7:14pm

I'm not sure whats going wrong. I've done a test on my local server and it works just fine after I run dev/build. Here's my code : http://pastie.org/887846

Are your building this on a hosted server instead of a local server (XAMPP, WAMPP, etc)?
If so you might try setting your install of Silverstripe to dev mode. http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=debugging
This should cause errors to be printed to your browser. Just don't leave it in dev mode any longer than you have to.

RichHead

Community Member, 13 Posts

26 March 2010 at 8:40pm

I finally managed to get it to run with the extra code suggested... but it appears to make no difference at all to the insert link dialogue, which is where I was expecting to see changes, so am now confused as to what difference this change is supposed to have made.

Really appreciate all the help so far!

Go to Top