28 March 2010 at 2:15am
(Last edited: 28 March 2010 4:18am),
I'm migrating my sites this weekend to a new hosting provider, I've uploaded one of my silverstripe sites but I'm hitting an error when importing the database tables. Basically for each page type in the database it is throwing up a mysql " #1062 - Duplicate entry '32' for key 'PRIMARY' " error message.
There is no duplication in the database, the ID field is set to 'int(11)' so by my understanding everything should be ok.
28 March 2010 at 10:29pm
Here are the steps I had taken:
1. Export database with Compression set to 'none' from the original database
2. Copy and paste the database which is displayed in the window (paste it into a txt file to be safe if you wish)
3. Open phpMyAdmin on the server I wish to migrate to.
4. Click on 'SQL' and paste into the window the database I copied earier
5. Hit ok and everything goes in perfectly
These are the little things that are sometimes good to know. Atleast there is a post here now for future reference.