Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

This forum - a way to see your own topics and if there are replies?

5 Posts   1029 Views

jorrie

Community Member, 40 Posts

29 March 2010 at 5:23am

This forum - Is there a way to see your own topics and if there are replies?
I find it higly frustrating to see if I have replies because i have to search all my topics and open them by hand.

patjnr

Community Member, 101 Posts

29 March 2010 at 6:10am

Hi

you just have to subscribe after posting.
JUST TICK "Subscribe to this topic (Receive email notifications when a new reply is added) "

ta

PAt

jorrie

Community Member, 40 Posts

29 March 2010 at 11:43am

How stupid I totally missed that!

However how about a feature where you could see a "search result" of your own topics with numer of replies and the latest replyer?
Would save a lot of inbox checking, I guess that feature is common in many forum solutions but not currently available in the silverstripe forum ( As I assume this forum is powered by the silverstripe forum module? )

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 March 2010 at 7:51pm

Yes jorrie - this forum is powered by the SS forum module however it is a slightly older version.

Implementing search by member name is covered by this ticket - http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5272.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

29 March 2010 at 7:59pm

Plus if you just always select 'subscribe to this topic' then you'll get emails when ever a reply is posted. You can also do a search for your name, order it by date desc then bookmark that rss feed. Not perfect but if a newer search result with your name comes through you'll get it.