Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Don't load Typo and Form CSS

Go to End

9 Posts   2019 Views

suntrop

Community Member, 131 Posts

5 April 2010 at 1:38am

Edited: 05/04/2010 1:39am

Hi all. I set up my template and copied the blackcandy folder to get started.
There were these three lines of code in the header:

<% require themedCSS(layout) %>
<% require themedCSS(typography) %>
<% require themedCSS(form) %>

Since I only want to load one CSS file, I deleted the last two lines. But SS renders the code …

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://cms.example.com/themes/co/css/layout.css?m=1270378560" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://cms.example.com/themes/co/css/typography.css?m=1270376329" />
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://cms.example.com/themes/co/css/form.css?m=1270376321" />

How do I get rid of the form and typography stylesheet? And by the way – what are these digits after each file?

Thanks!

baba-papa

Community Member, 279 Posts

5 April 2010 at 3:14am

The CSS files are included in your Page_Controller as well. Have a look at the init().

suntrop

5 April 2010 at 5:35am

Thanks, found them. I removed the lines from init() and wrote in my template to load just the layout css.
I am wondering why SS puts the code always at the end of the <header> element. Even I put it in my template above other meta tags.

suntrop

6 April 2010 at 12:13am

Does anybody can help about my CSS file?

I need to have it above my header inline styles otherwise I can't overwrite styles from that file.

Thanks!
suntrop

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

6 April 2010 at 8:52am

You can't easily customize the order. I suggest you use a more specific selector in your file which would override it no matter what order its included in.

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 604 Posts

6 April 2010 at 12:50pm

Will's suggestion is the best, but if it's too difficult to refactor your CSS, the only thing I can think of is to remove the SS specific inclusions and hard code the <link> tags in the template where-ever you want them to appear.

You do lose SS's cool versioning/cache system however.

suntrop

7 April 2010 at 2:45am

>> You can't easily customize the order.
It's a pity. That does make things more complicated (as stated above) and isn't quite like the other flexible "you-have-the-control" thing of SS.

>>You do lose SS's cool versioning/cache system however.
What's that? The strange numbers at the end of the CSS file?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

7 April 2010 at 12:02pm

It's a pity. That does make things more complicated (as stated above) and isn't quite like the other flexible "you-have-the-control" thing of SS.

Can you think of a nicer way to provide the order? Perhaps an array which defines the order.... Sometimes providing a massive set of configuration options throughout the core is more trouble than using the other workarounds. After using SS for quite a while I've don't think I have ever needed to configure the order of the requirements.

Go to Top