I was about to implement a site using SilverStripe - But now im having kinda second thoughts about using a cms or not. I fear that it is my general understanding of CMS that lacks...
I want to build a small community site:
- A user can create a group
- A group contains several users
- Each user can add blog post, create events, upload images
- Each group is configured to be available to the public (non user) or not
1. User management. SS has a user database - Should i use that one for all the users in all the groups? Or create my own model for users, and a model for user rights?
2. The /admin/ (CMS) interface. Is that only intended for me as a content manager or would that also be available for all the users in all the groups? Alternatively I would have to create forms for all the actions?
3. Publicly available groups should be navigatable with urls like www.mysite.com/group/firstgroup/ - is this supported in latest version? (The reason I ask is that I saw some issues related to this in older blog post)
4. So in general you might notice that I perhaps lack some understanding on the whole CMS concept. Perhaps what Im looking for is a community module? I see that using a CMS when a company wants to launch a website that is easily editable... but in my case..?