Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Lightbox 2 and form validator problems

4 Posts   2842 Views

Nobrainer Web

Community Member, 137 Posts

10 April 2010 at 9:10am

Hi, having some JS problems. I want to use LightBox2 on a projekt. The projekt has a custom form on all pages.
The validator of the form loads jsparty/prototype.js and that seems to conflict with lightbox/js/prototype.js or atleast if i don't output the form (deleting my $ContactForm from the template) all is fine and lightbox works.

Can anyone tell me how to have both a form and a lightbox on same page?

Nobrainer Web

10 April 2010 at 11:07pm

I have found a way to get lightbox working, by disabling JS validation for my ContactForm, but ofc. I will now have to find another solution for frontside validation.

http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=validator#disable_javascript_validation

SSadmin

Community Member, 90 Posts

15 April 2010 at 9:54am

i have noticed the same problem.
the ss2.3 brunches using the Jquery 1.26. which was kinda old, as well as the validation plug-in.
Not sure which version of Jquery of your lightbox2 will be using.
If it's over 1.2.6. You probably could update the Jquery validate plug-in. update it to be compatiable with Jquery 1.3.2 then update your core Jquery.js file to be Jquery-1.3.2.js .

You can have a try, see it works or not.. XD

Alex

Nobrainer Web

15 April 2010 at 7:08pm

Hi ALex,

Thanks for your reply, i will have a look at this.
I properly wont get around to it one of the first days though, but would be nice to know for future projects.

/Thomas