Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

mp3 upload problem

3 Posts   980 Views

Bookpod

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 April 2010 at 7:03am

Can somebody explain why I cannot upload an mp3 file? I've tried to do this several times, even logging out of SilverStripe and then coming back in. It's not a big file -- a six-minute interview with a little music spliced in.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

19 April 2010 at 7:28pm

Hi,

Which version of SilverStripe are you using?. Do you get any error messages or notices?. Some hosts have a default upload size of a tiny 2mb (which is controlled in your servers php.ini file).

Bookpod

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 April 2010 at 11:31pm

I finally figured out the problem. I noticed that the jpg that I had uploaded to Silverstripe was "invalid," for some reason. (I have uploaded jpgs many times without any problem.) I deleted that jpg, uploaded a new one and then re-uploaded the mp3 file. Problem solved.

I think you are right about this being a web hosting issue. I currently use something called Netfirms. I have had a lot of problems with it, so I will have to switch to something else.

Thanks for your response --

Barbara
www.bookpod.org