Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

mp3 upload problem

Go to End

3 Posts   1319 Views

Bookpod

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 April 2010 at 7:03am

Can somebody explain why I cannot upload an mp3 file? I've tried to do this several times, even logging out of SilverStripe and then coming back in. It's not a big file -- a six-minute interview with a little music spliced in.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 April 2010 at 7:28pm

Hi,

Which version of SilverStripe are you using?. Do you get any error messages or notices?. Some hosts have a default upload size of a tiny 2mb (which is controlled in your servers php.ini file).

Bookpod

Community Member, 3 Posts

19 April 2010 at 11:31pm

I finally figured out the problem. I noticed that the jpg that I had uploaded to Silverstripe was "invalid," for some reason. (I have uploaded jpgs many times without any problem.) I deleted that jpg, uploaded a new one and then re-uploaded the mp3 file. Problem solved.

I think you are right about this being a web hosting issue. I currently use something called Netfirms. I have had a lot of problems with it, so I will have to switch to something else.

Thanks for your response --

Barbara
www.bookpod.org