Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Search does not find 3 letter words

5 Posts   1670 Views

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

29 April 2010 at 4:12am

I'm using the standard SilverStripe search, but it does not find any 3 letter words, is there anyway to change this limit?

Thanks
James

neilcreagh

Community Member, 98 Posts

8 October 2010 at 4:11am

Anyone got any ideas about this? I need the search results to throw back results for two letter searches (products are known as 'V3' or 'V4' etc.).
?? Running 2.4.2

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1805 Posts

8 October 2010 at 4:32am

I just tried this (a couple of 2.4.0 sites) and there were some strange results... I got results for 'on' or 'to' and get page results, but not '4u'... I tried with with single/double quotes and without.

purplespider

Community Member, 82 Posts

13 October 2010 at 1:58am

I did manage to fix this. It's not a limitation of SilverStripe, it's actually due to a default setting of MySQL.

You need to change the "ft_min_word_len" MySQL variable on the server. The default is 4, changing it to 3 will allow 3 letter searches to work etc.

James

borriej

Community Member, 267 Posts

24 January 2011 at 10:32pm

how do you change the mysql setting?
Through htaccess?
Im not hosting my own server, but in the Netherlands we usually pay for hosting on a shared server.