Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Internal server error when searching some terms

Go to End

6 Posts   2075 Views

Coso

Community Member, 7 Posts

9 May 2010 at 11:08am

I got a website up & running with ss 2.4.0 (I freshly installed it, but loading a database and theme from 2.3.6).

The strange thing that happens it that search, as implemented in the tutorials and tested on 2.3.6, works fine with most of the words (giving results or giving the no results page), but with some other, always the same, I got an internal server error. I already flushed everything. I don't know if I'd dare modifying the _config.php with the new search function of the 2.4.0, but still can't figure out what can be the problem. Any idea?

Thank you.

Coso

9 May 2010 at 11:17am

well, I tried as explained here http://www.silverstripe.org/general-questions/show/283934?start=0#post283938%23post283938 to add the:

FulltextSearchable::enable();

in the _config.php of a local MAMP copy of the live website, the result is the same, only that MAMP keeps loading and doesn't give me the results for some words (one of it is "diamante" )..

Coso

9 May 2010 at 12:38pm

ok, I suck at testing, 2.3.6 behaves exactly the same, so it's not a matter of 2.4.0, it's in the search itself.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

9 May 2010 at 11:01pm

Did you put SS into developer mode? That might get you a more substantial error message, instead of just the internal server error. In mysite/_config.php:

Director::set_environment_type('dev');

Coso

9 May 2010 at 11:10pm

thanks, I tried it but I get no further info, it shows the standard web server response (with serif font etc.), it's not a silverstripe reported kind of error..

The strange thing is, 2.3.6 on MAMP works fine, 2.3.6 on live server gives the error. 2.4.0 on MAMP doesn't give the error, but doesn't give results either, it just keep loading. 2.4.0 on live server (but a different hosting compnay than where I have the 2.3.6 installed) gives the standard error.

Must be something related to the hosting, then..

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

10 May 2010 at 4:49am

Strange... You mention searching on 'diamante' gives you the trouble? Even on an empty installation? Or could it have something to do with what's on that page?