Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Menu displays hidden pages

3 Posts   1493 Views

suntrop

Community Member, 131 Posts

10 May 2010 at 7:22pm

My site has a navigation menu with submenu items and some of them should be hidden.

Code for the menu:

<ul id="navigation">
   <% control Menu(1) %>   
      <li><a href="$Link" title="Gehen Sie zur $Title.XML Seite" class="$LinkingMode"><span>$MenuTitle.XML</span></a>
         <% if AllChildren %><ul class="subnavigation"> <% end_if %>
         <% control AllChildren %>
            <li><a href="$Link" title="Gehen Sie zur $Title.XML Seite" class="$LinkingMode"><span>$MenuTitle.XML</span></a></li>
         <% end_control %>
         <% if AllChildren %></ul> <% end_if %>
      </li>
   <% end_control %>
</ul>

Unfortunately this seems to display all sub-pages even if they are unchecked at 'Show in Menu'.

For example: There is a Products page and it has 19 child-pages but only 4 should be displayed. How can I hide the 15 pages? And I don't want to put them underneath another page - that would be pretty messy.

My question: How can I have child-pages that stay hidden in the menu?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5513 Posts

10 May 2010 at 10:05pm

AllChildren returns ALL the children, regardless of whether they are visible or not. Using the standard <% control Children %> filters the pages by the show in menus checkbox.

suntrop

Community Member, 131 Posts

11 May 2010 at 3:44am

:-) Thanks! Didn't know that there is also a Children control.

Bey
suntrop