Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Fatal error: Allowed memory

Go to End

3 Posts   2110 Views

wilsonStaff

Community Member, 143 Posts

11 May 2010 at 2:17pm

I got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13 bytes) in /home/urgence/public_html/ss/sapphire/core/Object.php on line 588

How to solve that? I opened the .php file and nothing appears related on line 588

Thanks!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 May 2010 at 10:42pm

Well this just means you have run out of memory. You are either doing something that requires too much memory (like a massive GD operation) or you just don't have enough memory on your server.

Easiest fix is to increase the memory limit on the server (if you can) to like 128M.

PapaBear

Community Member, 26 Posts

12 July 2010 at 9:04am

Piggybacking off this: WillR I have a site that is very graphic intensive. I am having a very similar error to this one with my Design Class. This class has only one image in it but I have extended the image class to allow for 4 different resizes for the image (used on different sub-pages).

Iniitally in my tables I was including the thumbnail image but was getting this error. Now I get the error even when viewing a single instance of the class (As mentioned earlier this only has a single image in it).

My site is set to allow PHP 128 megs of ram.

Can you offer any suggestions for streamlining the memory usage? If necessary I can send through my classes for your reference.

James.