Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Cannot resize image in Safari

Go to End

4 Posts   2080 Views

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

18 May 2010 at 10:46pm

It doesn't appear to be possible to resize an image in the CMS using Safari. (I'm using version 4.0.5)

When clicking on an image to select it and bring the resize handles up, nothing happens, the image is not selected.

It works fine in Firefox.

I've tried this on a couple of sites using 2.4.0.

Is this a known bug? Any solution?

Thanks
James

lerni

Community Member, 81 Posts

19 May 2010 at 12:08am

hi purplespider

the live-resizing function is in the browser AFAIK there is none in safari but when you insert the image you can set width press tab and get the proportional height (shift + tab for the oposite direction). you're able resizing with the right mouse button if you have one :-)

purplespider

Community Member, 89 Posts

19 May 2010 at 12:16am

Ahh, interesting thanks. Just tested the TinyMCE demo in FF and Safari and you are correct!

The feature I was missing most was being able to select an image and make it a link to a "Page on the site" using SS's sidebar. Is there anyway to do this in Safari? Or do you always have to enter the full URL?

lerni

Community Member, 81 Posts

19 May 2010 at 8:54am

it works somehow to select a image if you select some text or a space as well - i dont use safari for the backend... probable the tinyMCE update will fix some issues ??

http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5233