Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Site migration from subfolder to public_html

3 Posts   814 Views

kondor

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 May 2010 at 8:00am

Edited: 19/05/2010 8:02am

Hi ,

A simply question.

If I got a Silverstripe Site in the subfolder on the server (eg. www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite), and all links automatically started with this www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite (www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite/myhome, www.mydomain.com/mysilverstripesite/mygallery etc)

and now if I want to move all this files, for example to public_html folder to have the access to the site with simply www.mydomain.com, than what should I change, and where ( if should something to be changed ) to get the url like
(www.mydomain.com/myhome, www.mydomain.com/mygallery etc

Thanks for your Answers
KOndor

Mo

Community Member, 510 Posts

19 May 2010 at 10:30am

Silverstripe is URL independent. Its not like a system like Wordpress where you have hardcoded URLs in the database or a config file. As long as you haven't used any absolute URL's in your content area or your theme/classes, you should be fine to transfer your sites location.

As part of our development process, I regularly have one Silverstripe project in 3 or 4 locations, if it wasn't URL independant, I would have a nightmare moving between locations :s.

Hope that helps,

Mo

kondor

Community Member, 9 Posts

19 May 2010 at 8:32pm

Hi @Mo,

yes indeed that helps :)

Thank you for your Answer

Kondor