Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

SS Removing Closing <iframe> Tag From TextField

Go to End

15 Posts   4733 Views

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

27 November 2010 at 8:47am

maybe place some code in the Page onbeforewrite that does a search replace to enter the space on $this->MyHTMLText

neilcreagh

Community Member, 95 Posts

30 November 2010 at 12:23pm

Thanks, but that's not ideal because the code will vary depending on each video setting, and obviously I can't do a find & replace just on a self closing tag or it would affect other code.

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1799 Posts

30 November 2010 at 9:31pm

I'm not recommending a blanket acceptance of self closing tags - a regular expression matching something like "<iframe*vimeo*></iframe>" and you'd be able to identify the specific self-closing tags that you want to keep.

neilcreagh

Community Member, 95 Posts

30 November 2010 at 11:42pm

Ah, I misunderstood. That works a treat, thanks!

function onBeforeWrite() {
$this->VimeoCode1 = str_replace("></iframe>", "> </iframe>", $this->VimeoCode1);
parent::onBeforeWrite();
}

Chris Hope

Community Member, 18 Posts

9 May 2011 at 11:19am

I've found that doing this:

$this->Content = str_replace("></iframe>", "> </iframe>", $this->Content);
}

doesn't work because the content has already been loaded into the object using domdocument so it's already collapsed the iframe. I've used this regexp instead:

$this->Content = preg_replace('|<iframe(.*)/>|Uims', '<iframe\\1> </iframe>', $this->Content);
}

ttyl

Community Member, 114 Posts

22 November 2011 at 7:27am

Edited: 22/11/2011 7:46am

I just want to confirm Chris' solution works, thanks!

Spoke too soon, didn't help. Instead I'm just putting an '&nbsp;' inside the iframe tags...not a great solution.

LePhil

Community Member, 3 Posts

3 August 2012 at 3:43am

If someone's still having the same problem: I tried Chris's solution with ttyl's input - didn't work. It still removes the closing tag.

What did it for me (2.4.7) was the post from dendeffe on Page 1 of this thread.

Change the field form a HTMLText to a Text and use $myfield.RAW in the template. That's it.

Go to Top