Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

General Questions /

General questions about getting started with SilverStripe that don't fit in any of the categories above.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, simon_w

Translatable Dataobjects - any working solution out there?

2 Posts   867 Views

patte

Community Member, 63 Posts

1 June 2010 at 6:44pm

Edited: 01/06/2010 6:44pm

Hey guys,

I asked this question some times before - because I got no solution, I ask again ;-)

Unfortunately I couldn`t find any working solution for translatable dataobjects. I am using SS24 and I have dataobjects which should be translated into two different languages.

I tried using some patches and different SilverStripe versions. I thought I had a running setup with SS24RC2...but it is still not working and I am not sure to use SilverStripe for an actual project because of its multilingualism.

I really need a working solution for translatable dataobjects...please, does anyone have a tip for that? I do not need to use SS24 - if it is working I could also use an older version.

Thanks much in advance!

Patte

Ironcheese

Community Member, 33 Posts

22 June 2010 at 6:51am

I have the exact same problem / situation right now. And unfortunatly i dont have an answer either... :S

But i was just thinking, how about a has_many relationship with translations. Like your DataObject has_many translations.
But how and where could we access those translations / modify them?